Feb 6

Wow!  Central Indiana is having some serious flooding issues – and our sump pump decided to die.  I have no idea how much water is in our crawl space at the moment, but I feel sorry for our plumber when he gets there in the morning to replace the pump.  He may need a wet suit.

I was awakened in the middle of the night by, of all things, thunder.  Seriously?  We had -16F exactly one week ago today, and now we are in the 50’s with thunderstorms?  Hearing thunder in February is so strange, but I remember hearing it in January last year, so maybe this is becoming our new norm.  We are supposed to get between 2 and 3 inches of rain through Thursday night with the temps remaining in the upper 50 to about 60.  Friday, the temps are supposed to be much cooler – highs in the 20’s – but we are to have some sunshine, while will be most welcome.

In the meantime, I have been doing some deep research into the Keto diet, and I will be doing the prep work and cooking this weekend for both of us to start it in earnest.  Getting in that much fat into your diet is hard after all these years of trying to keep it at a minimum.  According to my specifications, I need 105 grams of fat each day while Scott need 175 grams.  Both of us are limited to 30 grams carbs net (total carbs less fiber).  I have both of us calculated at 28 grams carbs per day.  Scott wants to continue having dairy in his diet, which is totally on fine with Keto, but I am finding dairy to be causing me issues, so I am going to do a Whole30 modification and drop 90% of the dairy.  The only dairy I intend to have is the blue cheese dressing on my supper salad.  I need the additional fat and I do love blue cheese.  I am going to look for a recipe and make the dressing myself so as to make sure it is clean.  I have found a Keto Ranch dressing for Scott, but no blue cheese one for me.

We are going to follow Keto for 4 weeks, then do a re-evaluation depending on the results and how we feel at that time.  Keep your fingers crossed.

And, I have cancelled my order with The Woolery for the reed.  Once I have confirmation that it has been canceled, I will place an order with Halcyon Yarn who say they have it in stock and can ship in 1-3 days.  It’s been 4 weeks since I ordered it through The Woolery.